At best, forecasts for tomorrow call for mostly cloudy skies and showers or thundershowers off and on throughout the day. While there might be brief intervals of sunshine during the day, the WABC field trip to Pt Lookout State Park is a long way to go for a likelihood of a washout. Therefore we’re canceling the trip to give participants early warning before they plan the long drive down to the tip of St Mary’s county.
Sunday looks like a repeat of tomorrow, so we probably wouldn’t be using it as a rain date even if it didn’t conflict with the also-planned ANS butterfly trip to Occoquan. Many thanks to Eric Raun for organizing the trip and we hope to prevail on him to lead us back to Pt Lookout next year.
Join us next season for a new series of field trips and LepTreks.